Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day One

Here we are. 2014. I am so grateful for this opportunity to share with you and connect with you all. Each post will include a Scripture or inspirational quote. Focusing on this will allow us to set our minds towards our goals, empowered with the strength of God. I encourage you to use these words as you commit yourself to your daily or weekly fitness goals. Use these words as your inspiration for investing in yourself. Thank you for joining me on this journey...


 The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
 Lamentations 3:22-23

 com·pas·sion noun \kəm-ˈpa-shən\ : a feeling of wanting to help someone who is sick, hungry, in trouble, etc.

 You and I woke up this morning, which is a gift all by itself. Maybe you woke up excited about the fact that it is the first day of the new year. Perhaps you woke up, already in a rush.. preparing for a gathering with family or friends. Your to-do list already a mile long. Or perhaps you woke up this morning with a heavy heart. Nothing to look forward to, or so it feels.

 As I read Lamentations 2:22-23, I cannot help but be drawn to these words: compassions and never fails. We look at the definition of compassion and see that it means that it is a feeling, a feeling of want to help those in trouble or sick. God wants to do so much more than just help us. He wants to love us, heal us, teach us, protect us, forgive us, and save us. Take a moment right now to let those words sink in. Then look at the final part of this scripture; "they never fail."

 I don't know about you, but I have failed many times in my life. I have had big failures, but also many small ones. To me, the small failures are the ones that haunt me most of all. The times when I let me emotions get the best of me, the days I spent in fear or insecurity, the times I put myself last. Those failures are the ones that I have the most trouble forgiving myself. The great news is that just because we fail, and we most surely will fail, God's compassion for us NEVER EVER fails. In fact, it renews every single morning.

 So while we may have woken up this morning with burdens or regrets, God's love and compassion for us remains the same. He sees you for who you really are. He sees the wonderful person He created. He wants only good things for you today and this year. As the rest of your day unfolds, don't worry about or meditate on your past failures. God isn't. He is looking to your future, he sees today as the greatest day of your life. Why shouldn't we do the same?

 Right now, commit yourself to being active in some way today. It's the best New Year's Day gift you can give yourself. Get moving for at least 15 minutes. Yeah, it's raining here. I know, there's always an excuse. Find a workout online you can do free. Youtube has a ton. I love Leslie Sansone Walk at Home series. Great solution to get a mile or two in on a rainy day. You can do this. I know you can. It' time for us to be the best we can be, by giving the best to ourselves.

 If you would like to join me and others that are setting a mileage goal for ourselves in 2014, message me via my Simply Sole Searching facebook page. I will gladly send you the link to our online, private mileage spreadsheet with instructions on how to log your miles. Take it from me, it is truly rewarding to set a goal and achieve it through dedication and hard work.

 May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the peace of Christ be with you and guide you throughout this new year.

 Julie

2 comments:

  1. Glad I took the time to read this:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, thanks so much for stopping by! Happy New Year!

      Delete