Monday, January 6, 2014

Overcomer

When I run or walk outside, I love listening to music.  I have a running playlist on my iphone that I listen to nearly every day.  I have chosen music that will uplift me and remind me of why I am out there pounding the pavement.

One of my most favorite songs, and one of the most popular songs to hit the airwaves in the last year, is "Overcomer" by Mandisa.  It is a song that gives me a much needed jolt of energy and renew my commitment to a healthier me, and occasionally brings me to tears ... feeling emotional about just how loved I feel by our God.

This morning, I heard it while out doing my miles and I began thinking of how many people I personally know that are battling something in their life right now.  Some battles are bigger than others, but to the person fighting them, the size of the battle doesn't matter.  A battle is a battle.  I kept thinking, "if only more people could hear this song, and the scripture meaning behind it."

So today I would like to share with you Jeremiah 1:19:

They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.  NIV

And if you have never heard Overcomer, or the story behind it take a moment to hear it today:



My prayer for you today, is that you will acknowledge the power that you have behind you to tackle and fight the battle before you.  It's not about us, it's about God and His grace being more than sufficient.

Let Him be your strength today. 

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment