Thursday, January 16, 2014

What's on your playlist?

I have always been fascinated with movie soundtracks.  Even as a little girl, I was very interested in how the background score attributed to or complimented the feeling of a scene in a movie.  Music can create the feeling of suspense, heartbreak, fear, and joy.

I have found that music, the right music, can cut right through a bad mood when I am in one.  It can help put peace in the middle of a stressful situation.

The other day I found myself feeling overwhelmed with the tasks facing me that day.  It was morning, and my daughter and I were getting ready for work and school.  Despite being up at 4:20 a.m. that morning, we were running a bit behind our normal schedule.  I found myself in my bathroom, blowing dry my hair, and without even really thinking about it I began singing Matt Maher's, "Lord I Need You." The next thing I know, a calm has taken over the previously stressed moment I was experiencing.

If music moves you, like it does me, I encourage you to surround yourself with music that has a message.  A message of love, joy, hope, and promise.  Give yourself the gift of mood changing, life giving, empowerment.  I would love to hear what songs do this for you.  I want to share a few more of my own favorites, many of whom are on my running/walking playlist.

Beautiful Day, Hold Me, Show Jesus - Jamie Grace
Overcomer, Stronger, & Good Morning - Mandisa
Steal My Show - TobyMac
Build Your Kingdom Here - Rend Collective Experiment
Gold - Britt Nicole
Your Grace is Enough - Matt Maher
Every Good Thing - The Afters

Until next time, may the music of life inspire you and give you hope!

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment