Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Letting it go...



You know you are a parent (or Disney fan) if you are humming Frozen's "Let it Go," more often than you are not.  Welcome to my world lately.  Since we have been singing it so much in our home lately, I started really thinking about the meaning behind the lyrics.  I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone that may not have see it, so I will speak generally.

Letting Go is about releasing the expectations we often place on ourselves or perceive that others have for us.  This theme got me thinking about 1 Peter 5:7




Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.






All too often we try to carry burdens all alone.  We think we should be able to handle it, otherwise why would we be going through it?







I have learned that God can use these times in our lives to teach us to lean on Him, and not on our own strength.  What are you facing today that you need God's strength? Let me put it another way.. What are you facing today that you don't need God's strength to face? The truth is nothing.







Every single moment of our lives, we need Him, His guidance, His mercy, His forgiveness, His strength.  All we need to do is acknowledge this, and pray..






Oh God, how I need you.  I need you today, and every day.  I need your renewal in the morning.  I need your strength in the afternoon.  I need your mercy in the evening.  Guide my steps today.  Guide my words and thoughts.  Dwell within me.  You promise you never will forsake me, thank you.  May I remember I belong to you.  May I honor you with my life.  May I respect my body as Your unique creation.  May I respect others whom you have created.  







My prayer for you today, is that you will Let Go of anything that is weighing you down today; doubts, fears, laziness, indifference, low self esteem, self doubt, anger, or unforgiveness.  Let God carry this burden for you.  Be free my friends.  Don't waste another day.  It's a gift.







Your Sole Searching Sister

1 comment: