Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hard Work



I am really grateful to be one in a group of women (you may have read about them in previous posts) that meets weekly to walk 8+ miles together.  What started out as friendship has grown into a sisterhood.  We support one another, cheer for one another's triumphs, and pray and comfort each other in times of distress.

This week one of my sisters in sweat hit a milestone in her fitness goals.  She surpassed 100 miles for the year.  Her yearly mileage goal is 500 miles, and she is well on her way to reaching that goal.

This morning as we were walking together, I expressed how happy I was for her, and how proud I felt of her.

I love reaching and meeting my own personal fitness goals.  I love the entire process; setting a goal, working towards it and then finally reaching it.  There is just something about that feeling... it's satisfaction, that makes all of the early mornings and sore muscles totally worth it.

Talking with my friend this morning I realized that the only thing better (in my opinion) than reach my own goals, is to see those we care about work hard to reach his/her own.

With all this goal reaching going on.. I wanted to share a quote from Author Theodore Isaac Rubin:

"Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best."

What goal have you set for yourself this year? How are you feeling about it? What steps are you taking to ensure you can reach this goal? What stumbling blocks have you come across?

I would sure love to cheer you on as you work hard towards your goal.  I invite you to share your goals here in the comments, I will do my best to respond.

Until then, remember if it were easy, everyone would be doing it.  Choose to take the challenge head on.  I promise it is worth it, and so are you.

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie







No comments:

Post a Comment