Monday, March 17, 2014

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I love good days.  Don't really care for the bad days, and I really don't know what to think about "ugly" days.  But I do know that we were never promised only good days.

Some days things seem to just align and go the way we thought they would.  But, let's be real; that doesn't happen all that often.

More often than not, "our" plans don't always go as..., well, planned.  There are hiccups along the way.

I am learning that how we conduct ourselves both outwardly or innerly (which is really a word, by the way, I looked it up!), shows our character.

If I am honest with myself, I often fall very short of displaying the  character I would like to have in stressful situations.  I take lots of deep breaths, usually quite loud, and often feel discouraged and disappointment, instead of choosing grace over my circumstances.

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is from 1 Thessalonians.  "Give thanks in all circumstances." It does sound so easy.  But I know, and I imagine you do too... it's not.

The good news is that we all have a choice.  We can choose how we react to stress, unexpected circumstances, and bothersome every day annoyances.

My prayer for you (and me) today is that we will work harder than we did yesterday to choose grace and gratitude over eye rolling and huffy breaths.  That we may choose laughter over complaining and grumbling.  That we may choose to acknowledge the truth that there is a lesson hiding beneath our stressors.



Choose Joy, choose Grace, choose Thankfulness.

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment