Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Can you handle it?



Most of us have heard the old saying, "God only gives us what we can handle." For much of my life, I have believed that statement to be very true, and would often repeat it in my own mind when trials came my way.

If it is true though, do we know why we are able to handle trials? Is it because we are talented, capable, and wise? Is it because we are strong, willing, and determined?

Maybe.  Or maybe it's all of those things, combined with the fact that where we fail, we have someone in our corner that is all powerful and nothing, I mean nothing, is too big of a problem for Him to handle.

I know that nothing is impossible with God.  There are definitely things I have done in my life that I could have never done relying on my own strength or resolve.  I know that God was there, filling in the gaps.  Leading me, guiding me towards victory.

At the same time, the moments when I allowed fear, laziness, complacency, or other human emotions to get the better of me.. which allowed me to make an excuse of why I couldn't even try.. I know I failed because I didn't do my part.

Maybe today you are feeling overwhelmed with trials.  Maybe today you just don't feel like trying.  Maybe you feel like you cannot do this alone.

I have great news.. God never ever intended us to face any challenge or trial alone.  He wants you to invite Him to join you and He will help carry this load.  But, we have to do our part.  We have to want it.  We have to pray and be intentional about our efforts.

Maybe this applies to your job, your marriage, your friendship, your health, or your fitness.  For me it applies to each one.

Today, my prayer for you, and me, is that we acknowledge that we have a choice to make, once again.  We can choose to give up before we even start, blaming it on the trial or challenge that faces us ("It's just too hard/too late/too challenging,") or we can choose to face it head on and ask for God's help.

I invite you to share what challenges you chose to face today in the comments below.  I would love to support you!

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment