Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Liebster Award! (feeling so grateful!)



I am so happy and honored to be nominated for a Liebster Award from my new friend at A Pace of Balance.  (Please go check out her amazing informative blog!)

So basically the Liebster it a creative and fun way for bloggers (and their readers) to get to know one another and show support.  I love reading blogs.  I wish I had more time to do so.  I have to say that I often wonder about the person behind the blog, don't you? Well, the Liebster Award helps out with that. Here's how:

Liebster Award guidelines...
-You must link back to the person who nominated you-You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given by the nominee before you.-You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award-You must create 10 questions for your nominees-You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees.

So.. ready to learn more about me?? Here are the answers to the questions that I received from A Pace of Balance!

1) Why do you blog? I started out 2014 wanting to do something different.  I felt the real need to journal my inspirations that I felt God was giving me every day in relation to my health and fitness path, and just life in general.  Simply Sole Searching was born!
2) What is one thing that surprises you about blogging? For me, it's how I write for me.  That doesn't mean that I am indifferent to if others read it or not, but that it is personal.  I hope that others will read my posts and relate in some way or even that it inspires them.  But mainly, when I write, I feel like I am talking to myself - to the me that sometimes surfaces, the me that is down or feels like she needs a "pick me up." It's amazing to me how the words flow and I read them, and think, "whoa, where did that come from?" Then I sit back and smile, knowing it came from God.
3) What is your favorite quote, saying or mantra? I have a couple.  So bear with me! One of my all time favorite things to say, is something that I have said to my daughter every single day since she was born.  I used to whisper it in her ear when I rocked her to sleep as a baby... "There are no limitations, only possibilities." And I truly believe that. Secondly, I would share Luke 1:37, "Nothing is impossible with God." This verse sustains me on a daily basis.  It is my e mail signature, it hangs on a post it in my bathroom, and I write nearly every day on a little note in my daughter's lunchbox.  
4) You win a gift certificate for 2 first class tickets anywhere in the world.  Where would you go and with whom? Oooh, how daydreamy! Hmm. I would definitely go with my hubby.. and I think we would go to Spain!
5) What is your favorite childhood memory? I loved going to visit my grandparents and spending time with cousins.  We all grew up in different parts of the country, so any time we were all together was cherished.  Lots of back yard baseball games and cookouts!
6) What is your fitness strength? Hmm.. I would say my fitness strength is persistence.  I found out about 3 years ago, that while I have struggled with running, I am not willing to give up.  I will try and try again.  I set goals and I want to meet them.  I don't let myself say "no" to me.
7) What 3 songs could describe your life right now? "Every Good Thing" by the Afters, "Lord, I Need You" by Matt Maher, and "Overcomer" by Mandisa.  I have these three songs on my running playlist, and can never get enough of them.  "Every Good Thing" reminds me not to take the "little things" for granted and to always show my thanks to the one most high for providing them to me.  "Lord I Need You" to me is just one powerful song.  I sing it in the mornings as I get ready for work.  I sing it on the drive to work.  I sing it in the shower.  I love it so much.  "Overcomer" is an awesome anthem that gets me dancing no matter what.  I feel empowered by it's message.  
8) What is number one on your fitness bucket list? Right now it's reaching my 1200 miles in 2014 goal.  But I also really just want to PR at my next Half Marathon.  
9) What are you surprisingly bad at? Listening sometimes.  I love my friends so much and want what is best for them, but I know my mouth runs sometimes when I need to just shut it and listen.  
10) If money were no object, what would you be doing right now? Writing for a profession, either children's books or inspirational books for kids.  It's still one of my dreams!

And now, drumroll please... Here are the 10 blogs that I would love to nominate for the Liebster Award! These are just a few of the blogs I love to follow - they inspire me!

http://jackiesoutforarun.wordpress.com/
http://www.runnerdsrock.com/apps/blog/
http://www.runwithjess.com/
http://www.thismamarunsforcupcakes.blogspot.com/
http://whoneedstherapywhenyoucanjog.blogspot.com/
http://www.finishlinerunner.blogspot.com/
http://www.onfirefitnesspt.com/
http://www.tallmomontherun.com/
http://sowhatirun.com/
http://runsaltrun.com/

And here are their 10 questions..

1. What is your favorite way to exercise and why?
2. What is one fitness or health related obstacle that you have overcome?
3. What is your proudest moment in relation to your health and/or fitness?
4. What do you hope to accomplish this year, fitness/health-wise?
5. What did you want to "grow up to be" when you were a child?
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. Who is your fiercest supporter?
8. What is your favorite fitness or health related website or app, and why?
9. What is your favorite fitness or health related quote?
10. What does your blog mean to you? 

I cannot wait to read everyone's answers.  This is so much fun! Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment