Thursday, April 24, 2014

Shine

I have said this before.. I love seeing others awakening to the greatness inside them.  I enjoy seeing friends and family realize dreams.  I take great joy in watching others work hard towards accomplishing goals.

Inspired people, inspire me.  The truth is, we are all an inspiration to someone.  Someone out there right now is looking to you for inspiration and truth.  

When I think about this, I wonder.. "what do they see in me?" 

Do they see someone who strives to take care of the body God gave her? Do they see someone who loves to eat healthy foods and exercise? Do they someone who still struggles with balancing it all? Do they see that God fills in the gaps, with His grace? Do they see someone who forgives?

I fully acknowledge that I do not have it all together.  Each day, God's grace and mercies renew, and I pray to receive it.  Each day, I wake up, and think of all that needs to be done.  I try my best to put my "game face" on and work towards accomplishing my goals; health, fitness, familial, and work related.  But I pray too, that my goals do not get in the way of real living.. connections with others, moments of friendship and inspiration.

Today, I pray that you will take a moment and consider who is looking to you for inspiration.  Is it your children? Your spouse? A co-worker, a friend? Who is searching for "more" in your life? Who is looking for God reflected in you?

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16


2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, I love this post. It makes me think of my children for sure. I wrote my Liebster award and nominated you :-) stop by the blog when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I heard in our Sermon today at Church, be the kind of woman you want your daughter to grow up to be/be the man you want your son to grow up to be. Basically, are we expecting more out of others (including our own kids) that we are not willing to do ourselves?

      Delete