Thursday, April 17, 2014

What more could we do?



I love reading church signs.  I saw one last week that simply read, "What more could He do?"

It struck such a chord with me.  Truly, what more could Jesus do? He gave up his life for us, so we could have eternal life.

He gave us a great example of how to live a life of mercy, service, kindness, and forgiveness.

He chose to be a servant and teacher, and not an earthly ruler.

He lived humbly.

He chose to give than to receive.

He lived intentionally.

Every time I pass that sign, I am overcome with gratitude for Him.

I feel inspired and reminded.. "what more could I do.. give.. be?"

Where or on what/who do you spend most of your time and energy? Do you give God, family, yourself enough?

If the answer is "no," what changes can you make today to give more? What dreams and goals have you put aside? How can you take real practical steps to get closer to realizing that dream/goal?

I am praying for you today.  Praying that you will see your worth.  Praying that you will see you time and energy as a gift, not to be wasted.  I am praying that you will recognize all that God has given you the ability to do and accomplish.  I am praying that we will choose to live humbly and intentionally, not letting the days pass without efforts of making the world a better place.

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment