Thursday, May 22, 2014

Waiting...



This week I experienced an unfortunate situation.  The situation was unexpected and surprising to me, and it put me in a position that I did not really want to be in.  I was pretty disappointed about it that day and into the night.  In fact, I had a really tough time getting any sleep that evening.  My mind just kept racing.. trying to figure out how this situation came to pass.  I kept torturing myself, thinking of all of the possible who, what, where, and whys that could have prompted this situation to take place.

Finally after a little sleep, much prayer, I allowed the worry to fade and my faith to take the spotlight in my heart.  It was there that I experienced God's peace.

Today, a few days after the incident, I went for a run with our puppy, Peaches.  Peaches and our other dog Ginny wake up fairly early with us, typically before 6:00 a.m. My husband and I have our routine when we wake up;  make the bed, brush teeth, drink a cup of coffee.  Then, I usually get my running clothes and shoes on.  The final step is gathering up my "gear;" iphone with Nike+ app, SpiBelt, earphones, leash, harness... and then I am finally ready to go.  All this time, I noticed Peaches was waiting.  Waiting patiently, but expectantly.  As soon as she saw me pick up her leash, she ran towards the front door with great gusto.  She knew what was coming next, and she trusted me to take her along.  God is has a wonderful sense of how to get us to learn valuable lessons - he can use anyone! (even pets!)

Today I am wondering why I allowed myself a whole day and a half of worry over the "situation." Why could I not just wait patiently, but with expectation? God always, always, always works it out.  Sometimes situations happen that we do not like, or that hurt us.  But God always allows these things to happen, with the promise of something good on the other side.  

Psalm 27:14 is my verse of the week.  

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Whatever you are going through today, please consider just allowing the situation to play out.  Trust and have faith that the other side of this issue will bring you good.  Until then, wait, be strong, and allow God to fill you with His peace.

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment