Thursday, May 15, 2014

What are you waiting for?



“Procrastination is one of the most deadly of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.” -Wayne Gretzky 

Is there something that you really want to do but you just have not started? Do you want to start a new career, go back to school, or start a healthier lifestyle? 

What is holding you back? What are you waiting for?

Somewhere deep in our minds and hearts, we all know and are aware that tomorrow is not promised.  We know that life on Earth is temporary.  I this it is very interesting though, how quickly we allow ourselves to forget this fact.  We end up giving ourselves permission, and often excuses, of why it's ok to procrastinate in following the plans and dreams we have for our lives.   Why do we do this to ourselves?

I can only speak for myself so I can share with you today why I believe I procrastinated going to back to school for so long... one word: Fear.

Fear of not finishing, fear of not finding a teaching job, fear of being horrible at it, and the list goes on and on.  But finally about 2 years ago, I reached a point where I really examined what I was feeling, and more importantly how I was giving my feelings and emotions free reign over this decision, instead of doing what I knew would be good for me and my family.   And so I began.  It has not been easy, but I knew it wouldn't be.  Just like living a healthier lifestyle.. it's not easy.  I choose to get up early and run or walk in the dark hours of the morning, and hey, some days I would rather be sleeping.  Once I am out there, I feel invigorated, knowing it is good for me, my mind, my soul, my family.

I want to invite you today to take the time this week to really search your heart.  Answer the questions I posed at the top of this post - 

Is there something that you really want to do but you just have not started? Do you want to start a new career, go back to school, or start a healthier lifestyle? 

What is holding you back? What are you waiting for?

Don't let another day pass without taking steps to reach the dream you have for yourself.  Wouldn't you give the same advice to your kids? Your friends? Your family? 

Why is this same advice not applicable to you???

YOU are important.  YOU deserve to reach your goals.  YOU deserve the benefit of investing in yourself.  Do it today.

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment