Monday, June 30, 2014

I'm Expecting a Miracle



It's been over a month since my last blog post.  I want to say that I really missed writing, and touching base with you all.  I am not sure if anyone ever read these posts of mine or not.. but just in case someone does, I really want to thank you for doing so!

In the last 6 weeks a lot has happened here in my little neck of the woods.  I struggled through taking two online math courses at the same time, and was able to pass both by the grace of God.  I earned my AA degree in late May.  I applied and was accepted into the Bachelor program for the Fall in Early Childhood Education.

During all of this, my Dad was diagnosed with some basal cell carcinomas and also had his annual testing done for the status of his Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  He was able to get procedures done on his carcinomas and got great news regarding his tumor!

The past 6 weeks have taught me  a wonderful lesson that I had forgotten that I already knew.  Expect miracles.  Yes, I understand that often times our minds run wild with "what ifs" and we find ourselves being "realistic" as we prepare ourselves for the outcomes of our problems.  But, I want to encourage you to allow room in your heart for Hope as you wait.

I learned that it is in that space, the part of your heart that you reserve for Hope and Faith, that God will fill with His peace and grace.  Right there, that's the miracle.  Imagine, being able to experience peace in the middle of stress...

This is my prayer for you reading this today, that you will allow room in your heart for Hope, no matter what the situation is.  May God fill that space with His peace, the peace that passes our understanding.

It's amazing here.

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment