Thursday, July 31, 2014

"Awesome August" Challenge!!

I will turn 40 on August 27.  I prayed a lot about it and felt God leading me to invite others to join me in a challenge or two to commemorate this milestone.  I would love it if you would join me!

Here's the challenge.  You can choose to do one component or all.. it's up to you!


1. Commit to a mileage goal for the month of August in multiples of 40.  For instance 40 miles in August, 80 miles in August, or 120 miles in August.  Again, this is up to you!

2. Commit to 40 acts of kindness/generosity during the month of August.  Notice I did not include the word "random." I envision all of us collectively praying for guidance and wisdom when it comes to blessing others during our daily lives this month.  

3.  ALL IN! You are committed to doing BOTH of the above challenges! Let's make August AWESOME!

So, you've decided.. now what? Here's how to participate.

-Post a comment in response to this post.  Let us know which challenge you are committing to this month.

-Join our Awesome August Facebook event .  If you like, post pics/updates to chronicle your adventures in our Awesome August Challenge.

-Share/invite your friends to join us on facebook and here on the blog.  

I am so excited and cannot wait to hear about your acts of kindness and how you are blessed! Let's make August a month of amazing adventures! 

From your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie



12 comments:

  1. My mileage goal (swim, bike, run, walk, or row) is 80!!! How funny. So I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I will be rooting for you!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm in too! My goal will be 40 since I'm recovering from hamstring injury. I'm excited about acts if kindness! Happy birthday to you!!! I found your blog thru A Pace of Balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Joy! I am going to be cheering you on! You got this. I will also be in prayer for complete healing!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much!!!! I ran/walked 5 miles today! I felt great even tho I had to walk when I started hurting! Felt so great to be running again, I even high fived another runner:)!!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the challenge! I'm going to do both-80 miles for #1! Happy Birthday! Have a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So super excited!! I am all in. I am pushing myself with 80 miles!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do this Holly! Way to go setting a goal!

      Delete
  5. Im in! My goal is 80. I also turn 40 on 9/27. Lets do this!��

    ReplyDelete