Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Diary of a Wimpy Mom...

Before I start my post, I want to encourage all of you to visit the Mom-Tastic blogs that are sponsoring the "Wonder Mom Wednesday" Link up:
This Mama Runs for Cupcakes
Mom Who Tris
and Mom Swim Bike Run


This week our 11 year old daughter started middle school.  I have to say I was concerned about it.  She is a special kid.  Of course I am biased, but I truly believe it.  She is kind, gentle, and loving towards others.  I admit there was a part of me that thought all of that would be ripped away in middle school.

But then I got real... and prayed.  I listened.  I heard God whispering to me.. "she's never done anything to make you doubt her level of confidence in who she is, what she stands for, and what is important to her.. so why are you already doubting her?"

That really got me.  Here I was doubting someone who has never done anything to make me lose faith in her or distrust her.  

I actually had a conversation with her, and apologized for my doubt, even though she was totally unaware.  I wanted her to know that I had every faith in her, and that I would always be her champion.

I am so grateful for the peace that God gave me once I turned all my worries and doubts over to His hands.  I cannot believe I let myself get so distracted by untruths and things that hadn't even happened yet.

For all of you who have kids returning or starting school... I am praying that you too will experience peace.  Here's to our awesome kids!

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie




8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet note about your daughter. Best of luck to you this year, I'm sure she'll do wonderful. Thank you for joining in on our link-up. I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, thank you. I really appreciate. Thank you for allowing me to part of this link up too. I look forward to following you as well!

      Delete
  2. Prayer is the only way I am able to send my kids out into the world of public school. :-) so happy to know I'm not the only praying mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Fawn. It's not easy, but boy is it possible with God!

      Delete
  3. It's hard to trust even when we have good kids. Good for you for praying on it and listening! Thanks for joining the link up. ~Susan @momswimbikerun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Susan. I had to really stop trying to handle my worries all on my own. You would think I would have learned my lesson by now!

      Delete
  4. Such a great post. It's so hard to turn our kids over to the unknown, but you are right, we need to have faith in the fact that we have instilled the right values and trust that they will make the right decisions! I only have a kindergartener but watching him being swallowed by a hallway of children for the first time was so scary! I just have to believe that I have taught him how to be a good human being :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I remember that day like it was yesterday! Hang in there. I am praying for all of our kids. To be strong and courageous, but also kind. :)

      Delete