Thursday, January 22, 2015

You've Changed


"You've changed!" 

There was a time in my life that if someone uttered those words to me, I may have been offended.  But now, it's one of the greatest compliments I could ever receive!

Now, it is my personal mission to be better than I was the day before.  Let me say that again, I want to be better than I was.  Not better than anyone else.  Just me.

What do I mean by this?

More than anything, I am specifically talking about how knowing and having a relationship with God has changed the way I make choices as I live my life.  My relationship with Him affects every single thing I do or don't do.  And therein lies the change.  I am aware and conscience of Him and how I want to honor Him and His love for me with all that I do.  I want to react out of love not anger or bitterness.  I want to choose wisely based on what I am called to do, not what feels right at the time.

There are many days when I feel that I fail in doing this.  Again, how I respond to that failure has changed over the course of my lifetime.  Long ago, I would beat myself up for mistakes.  Now, I am more forgiving of my mistakes, but also proactive in trying harder next time and learning from them, prayerfully seeking guidance.

Scripture tells us that when we invite Christ into our lives, we are renewed.  We are not the same.  We are changed.

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person.  The old life is gone; a new life has begun! -2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment