Saturday, February 28, 2015

Draw Near to Me



As I stood on top of one of my dining room chairs, reaching to unplug/plug-in our router (for like the hundredth time this week,) hoping it would allow me to have seamless access to the internet... I found myself stuck in that moment.  I was leaning on top of our bureau which holds our printer, waiting for the 6 or 7 little lights to begin their process of showing some signs of life in the router when, I just stopped and prayed.
Being just a foot or so higher off of the ground, I felt closer to God somehow.  I allowed myself a deep cleansing breath, took a bird's eye look at the top of my dining room table, which doubles as my desk, and I told God, "I surrender all of this homework to you God." 

This weekend, I have many, many large in depth assignments due by midnight, Sunday.  I have one course ending, and another one beginning on Monday, with two others that are ongoing.  I have a partner project that I am doing over the phone and e mail with someone that lives several hours away.  As I took a look at the stacks of books, papers, calendars, pens, pencils, and notes, I could see that there was no way I could do this alone.  I need Him.  I need His strength.

In James 4:8 we read, "Come near to God, and God will come near to you. You sinners, clean sin out of your lives. You who are trying to follow God and the world at the same time, make your thinking pure."

That is exactly what I often do.  I think I have the answers, or that my friends or family have all the answers.  But it's God who does.  He provides the answer I am looking for, every single time.  He may use someone to deliver it, but He is the source of all strength, knowledge, and power.  Every single time.

Maybe it's walking on the beach, maybe it's sitting in a pew, maybe it's driving in your car.. or maybe, it's standing on a chair in the middle of a mess... put yourself in places where you can "draw near to Him." He will provide all that you need when you do.  

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie

1 comment: