Monday, February 9, 2015

Finding Your Focus


Focus.  We are strive to have it, keep it, maintain it.  But it sure is easy to lose.  

Distractions, stress, worries, unexpected delays... They are contribute to our loss of focus.  

I have learned through my experience, that focusing on God and His will for my life is not a choice I made once.  It is a choice I have to make every day, sometimes several times a day.  

It's easy to allow the negative thoughts or words of others dictate our feelings and mood.  That's easy.  It can be challenging to let go of our sympathy for ourself and our situation to choose to focus on God and how He is growing us moment to moment.

Psalm 16:11 speaks of how God promises to lead us throughout our whole lives, not just occasionally, but our whole lives.  He also promises us absolute joy when we are in His presence.  And I don't know about you, but the promise of sheer delight is something I am interested in receiving.  

Looking back, whenever I felt lost, stressed, frustrated, I can for sure admit that those were the times I was focused on something other than God and His will for my life.  I allowed myself to be released from these promises, even temporarily.  While focusing on other things, I sure did not experience joy or delight, I experienced fear, concern, and hopelessness.  

But the good news is, we don't have to remain in that situation.  We can choose to switch our focus, fix our eyes on Him.  The moment we do, wholly and completely, we will receive what He has promised us and so much more.  

None of us is perfect.  Our focus will stray.  We will allow outside influences to sway our commitment to following Him.  But God promises Grace when we do.  The gift of His promises are just a choice away.

Let us choose wisely and with a whole, happy heart.

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment