Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Blind Faith



Years ago there was a great little Worship band at our former church called "Blind Faith." I enjoyed their music and their praise so very much.  The lead singer and musician was actually blind.  I always loved the name of the band and all that they stood for.

I think it is safe to assume that we all have challenges in our own lives and in the lives of our close friends and family.  I mean, what in the world would we do with ourselves if we didn't?

Lately, it seems that the challenges my good friends and family are facing seem impossible.  I pray every day for strength, guidance, and wisdom for them.  Most of all I pray for peace.

Today I was thinking about the band, Blind Faith.  I was thinking about what the name of the band really means.  I know what Faith means, and I know what blind means.  Put them together, and what does Blind Faith really look like?

I know for me, when I pray I pray completely trusting that God will answer it.  But really, I have no idea how or even when He will answer my prayer.  Actually, He may not answer my prayer in the way that I hope at all.  Those things are not up to me.  It is in the space, the space of not really knowing the how, when, where, what, and why of God's guidance and plans for our lives.. that space is where Blind Faith resides.  When we have it, that feeling deep within that says, "I have no clue what is about to happen, but you know what? I know Who is in charge here, and it's not me.  And that person? I trust Him.  I trust Him more than I trust my own feelings, my own choices, and my own emotional reactions to the challenges we are facing in this moment."

Blind Faith is just exactly that - blind.  We cannot see it.  We cannot touch it.  We cannot predict it.  But we have a choice regarding it.  We can choose to Trust.  We can choose to go against common sense and our own human desire to "fix" everything or to "control the factors" that affect the outcome.  That choice is so simple, but yet so hard.  But it is possible.  Fixing our problems or taking them away, that's impossible for us.  But hanging on to the promises God has made to us, and blindly trusting Him to work it all out for our own good.. that is not impossible.  It's more than possible.  It's all up to us.  There in that space.. we experience peace.  It is a peace that we cannot explain.  It is a peace that allows us to sleep well at night, and to wake up with a smile and not pain, or anxiety.

I know I want that peace.  I want that Trust.  I want to have Blind Faith.

Today I am praying that we will all choose it for ourselves and share it with our loved ones.  There is enough for everyone, I promise.

Your Sole Searching Sister,
Julie



     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-6417697994365033"
     data-ad-slot="3256680904"
     data-ad-format="auto">

No comments:

Post a Comment